Saturday, October 15, 2005

Late and 'Lagaan'

Morning: It's something nice. It feels good. Getting up at 11 o clock in the morning.

As we had no classes today, and as I watching 'Swades' late last night, me got up only at 11 o clock this morning. Looked at the mirror to see my handsome face and realised that I had grown so much beard and hair that I looked like a hermit. So, went to the barber near my insti and had a haircut and shave. The barber was Tamil(Thanjavur), so we got talking for sometime.

After a bath, had lunch at the canteen and whiled time. Suddenly, I got this super idea of 'why-not-play-cricket'. Told the other guys. The chairs in the conference room(where we are strictly not allowed to play cricket) were cleared, a 'kattai' that doubled as a bat was brought and I got a ball from my hostel room. And, we were playing cricket. Was playing the game after a long time. Felt good.

Night: Sharth manzoor hai.

When Bhuvan(Aamir Khan) says this to Captain Russel, the real action in 'Lagaan' begins. It goes on to show you an unforgettable game of cricket. As I watched 'Lagaan' on Set Max this night, memories flew by ... of me as a 12th std boy cutting school(but getting attendance) and watching the movie in Sathyam theatre with pals.

I think there were five of us that day; we were in school uniforms(and afraid that someone would spot us). And, one of my classmates V even removed his uniform and waved it on top of his head as the electrifying match in 'Lagaan' went on. That day was awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home