Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Bowlers and Boys

Morning: I am in CMS(Christian Mission Service) college here watching 22 guys practising for the cricket season. Four guys were bowling to the batsmen; a guy with a blue tee bowled excellent.

The batsmen weren't bad either. But yes, its nothing even close to the talent in Chennai. Similar aged guys in
Chennai colleges can bowl and bat much better.

Yet, in a state where cricket is not very popular, watching these guys slog it out in the field for almost two hours
was worth it. One of them will go on to play cricket in a big way(I root for the blue guy, he bowled excellent
outswing). Specially because CMS college has been University cricket champions for quite sometime now.

Evening: Listening to music. My kinda music. From "Boys" and similar Tamil hits. Listening to them gives me a strange sort of pleasure - the time I'm listening to them, its like I'm in Chennai.

When I hear 'Girlfriend'(Boys) or 'Uriyin Uyre'(KK), its like I'm sitting in platform in Bessie beach.
When I hear 'Ale Ale'(Boys), I'm in a ECR beach.
When I hear 'Kalayum Dhinamum'(New), I'm at home.
When I hear 'Surangani..' and the beats, I'm in school.
When I hear 'Nee Yaro..'(Aayitha Exhuthu), I'm in Satyam theatre.

Memories...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home