Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Mein abhi Hindi pad raha hum!

Ek.
Do.
Theen.
Char.
Panch


Like schoolchildren, we were all reciting these numbers this morning. In a "Spoken Hindi" class.

People who know me know that my Hindi, though having passed a few exams, is really poor. Those major exams may have helped me "read and write" the language well, but my spoken Hindi is well..poor.

Classmates here laugh a lot.

When they hear me trying to speak in Hindi.

And, though I have no special affinity or love towards the language, I gotto learn it just cuz it's a must. You go to the North, it's a must, to converse with people. And, to listen to locals speaking, from which one can a journo can get awesome stories.

And, if we are outside India, foreigners picturise India as a Hindi-speaking country and if we dunno the national language, it's a shame, really.

I gotto learn how to speak Hindi properly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bahut achha, lagey raho!

9:47 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home